10 day post op on Body Lift, Thigh, and Buttock Lift. Can I do too much at this point of recovery?

Hello, I am 10 days post operative, body lift, thigh and buttock lift. I have been on my feet most of the day since 8 days post op.... I still have one drain in place that should come out tomorrow. My question is, can I do too much at this point of recovery? I Have lots of pain at the end of the day then I take a pain pill and feel better. I want to know if there's anything that can set me back with my healing by standing and walking most of the day.

Activity after a body lift

+2
You have had a significant surgery.  You should follow the instructions that your surgeon has given you as they know you and what was done better than anyone else.  Typically I tell my patients that I want them up walking around to avoid such things as pneumonia and blood clots.  If there is a specific activity you want to do just ask your surgeon they will know what they are comfortable with.
Rodger Shortt, MD
Plastic Surgeon Oakville

Body lift recovery

+1
Thank you for your question and  congratulations on your surgery.  The answer is definitely YES.  You are still very early from a very large surgery.  I advise my patients to gradually increase their activity as they can tolerate, but no heavy lifting over 10-15 lbs for 6 weeks.  Aerobic exercise can generally  be started at 4 weeks.  At 10 days postop, you are still able to cause bleeding (hematoma) if you overexert yourself.  Make sure you check with your PS about advancing your activity.  Best wishes.

Matthew H. Steele, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon