Can I do ovary removal and tummy tuck at the same time? I am 66 years old and in good health

Combining procedures

+1
Combining an intra abdominal procedure with a tummy tuck is fine as long as both surgeons are in agreement.  Just make sure you know ahead of time what the added operating room and anesthesia cost will be ahead of time.  Depending on the facility, they may want to charge you a lot for the extra time.  Use your negotiating skills to get a fair price and avoid surprises.

Multiple Procedures

+1
I agree with my colleagues. It can be done at the same time but there are increased risks to doing so. You want to make sure the team of surgeons risk stratify you and assess whether or not this is the right way to go for you. At the end of the day it is all about safety.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Multiple procedures

+1

The answer is YES, your Gynecologist can start the surgery first and then have your plastic surgery procedure after. They both have to come to an understanding of what they should do.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Ovary removal and tummy tuck at the same time?

+1
While these surgical procedures have been performed together, many experienced plastic surgeons feel that this is a bad combination of surgical procedures to undergo at the same time. There is an increased risk of bleeding, infection, deep venous thrombosis (DVT) and subsequent pulmonary embolism with this specific combination. If your plastic surgeon and your gynecologist decide to proceed with this combination, you should have a medical clearance prior to the procedures.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Combined surgery

+1
This can be done at the same time and is safe to perform. Both surgeons will have to have privileges at the same  outpatient surgery center. Look for a gynecologist and board certifies plastic surgeon in the same community. 

Michael Zarrabi, MD

Combination Surgery Procedures

+1
Combining body contouring procedures with gynecological procedures is a common thing that is done frequently. The key is to make sure that you're healthy and safe for both procedures. There also needs to be clear communication between your gynecological surgeon and your plastic surgeon.  A tummy tuck procedure is usually cosmetic procedure and will not likely be covered by your insurance and will likely require anesthesia, facility, and surgery fees that will be out of pocket. Good luck to you.

Gaurav Bharti

Gaurav Bharti, MD
Johnson City Plastic Surgeon