Outer Brow Lift Questions (photos)

I'm a female, early 20's. I'm considering some kind of brow lift to raise the outer portion of my eyebrows, to achieve more of an arch. I don't want my entire brow to be lifted (I think the inner portions of my brows are at an appropriate level). My eyebrows have just always had a downturned shape to them. Is there any procedure that can lift the outer portion of the brow w/o raising the inner portion significantly? If such a procedure exists, would I be a good candidate for said procedure?

Temporal brow lift

+1
I do temporal brow lifts on many patients.  It is an excellent way to get a small arch to the outer brow, and help to decrease the outer hooding of the upper eyelid.  One of the best ways to do this is by doing just the temporal incisions of the endoscopic browlift - so the incision is within the hairline over the outer portion of the brow. This can be done with local or local sedation anesthesia.  It will not give you an overcorrected look.   

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Outer brow lift?

+1
It is reasonable for you to consider elevating your brow. You can consider trying a neurotoxin first before undergoing a surgical procedure.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lifts

+1
You are an excellent candidate for a limited subcutaneous  brow lift through small incisions at the hairline.  This procedure can be done under local or general anesthesia, lifts the lateral brows only, and is associated with less discomfort and numbness than the more aggressive procedures.  I have been performing this type of brow lift In many of my patients during the past several years.  I find this has become my procedure of choice for my patients with moderate brow droopiness. Of course, your plastic surgeon should have experience with all types of brow lift procedures.

John M. Griffin, MD

Outer Brow Lift Questions

+1
Yes, the outer brow may be lifted to give a softer, less tired look. As a matter of fact, I just did one under local anesthetic in my office today. Seek the opinion of someone who has experience and several options to attain your goals.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Limiting a Brow Lift to the Outer Portions

+1
Limiting a brow lift to the outer portion is reasonable and can be done, but select a surgeon who uses all techniques of brow lifting. I agree with your goals; the change you want will provide a natural result.

Outer browlift to raise only the outer brow.

+1
Outer browlift to raise only the outer brow can be done without doing anything to the inner brow thru a hairline or endoscopic incision depending where your hairline is .

Brow lift

+1
Thank you for your picture. Certainly the brow lifts can be done differentially. Outer brow can be lifted because that area needs the attention. This could be done multiple ways. This can be done through your scalp to remove tissue to raise just that part of the eyebrow. It can be performed endoscopically to release the muscles to allow that area of the brow to lift.  Seek several consultations from board certified plastic surgeons.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS,FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS