Opinions on Post-Op Photos, Do I Have An Acceptable BA Result?

Surgery 1-27.In June was put on Singular + Vit E 1000mg/day(Right breast firm & not maneuverable beyond very slight upward when squeezed from below) 2.5mos w/Singular has given right breast a softer feel but it is still higher & tighter than left(more so now than in June based on the photos??) Is this from a Dr standpoint an acceptable outcome?Dr did not seem concerned, said to cont meds until Dec & if not better by then & I was still bothered he could lower right fold -does that seem right? Help!

Breast Augmentation Acceptable Results?

+1

Unfortunately, the photos are not of sufficient quality to give you precise advice.

However, your plastic surgeons advise and plan seemed reasonable;  I would suggest continued follow up as scheduled.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

+1

Based solely upon the great posted photos I would agree with your chosen surgeon that you have a VERY acceptable result. I think your issue might be one of realistic expectations. One thought is to obtain a second opinion in person in your city of San Antonio. 

Uneven breasts after breast augmentation

+1

Your breasts were not symmetric before surgery and so it is impossible for them to be exactly the same after surgery. The preop photos show the left inframammary fold is lower than the right and right breast tissue centered around the nipple while most of the left breast tissue is below the nipple. The fold difference visibility was magnified by the presence of the implants.

Comparing the June to September photos the right breast looks smaller in September. That is either capsular contracture or a ruptured implant. Therefore I do not think it was from a pocket issue at surgery. You can take Singular for eternity but I do not think it will solve the problem.

You first need to make sure the implant is not ruptured by ultrasound etc. If it is ruptured it should be replaced right away. If it is not ruptured then you will need more surgery to lower the right fold, remove the capsule and adjust the pocket. Since you are about 8 months out from the first procedure that can be done at any time. All of those procedures are best done by your original operating surgeon.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Capsule contracture versus tight pocket

+1

If the right breast was tighter and higher than the left from the beginning of surgery then it is likely a breast pocket issue more than a capusle contracture issue.  Capsule contracture is the development of excessively tight, excessively thick capsule which results in either firmness, implant malposition, pain, or all three depending on the grade of capsule contracture.  It usually develops sometime after surgery and is by definition not present right after surgery since a capsule has not had time to develop.  It may very be that your right pocket needs to be opened more.  Discuss all of this with your plastic surgeon.  It sounds like he/she is thinking it is more of a pocket issue as well.  If revision is persued the capsule can be also be assessed.

Dr Repta

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com