Am I Too Young for a Tummy Tuck?

I'm 19 years old me and my husband have 2 children together.im done having kids. We both work good jobs and We have a good income now and we have talked about it and I'm considering getting a tummy tuck and liposuction on my love handles since I was so young I'm pregnant and I weighted 145 5'7 be4 I was pregnant and was 245 after. I worked out and now weight 174lbs. My skin hangs down and is very unconfortable. I'm very thin on my upper body though its just that over hang skin! I want my body back.

To young for a tummy tuck

+1

I would say as long as you are done having children you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. It would be ideal to lose all the weight you want to and get to a stable weight and then have the procedure.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck age

+1

If you believe you've completed your post-pregnancy weight loss, your weight is stable, and you're done having children, it seems that you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will help you decide whether a tummy tuck is appropriate for you.

Arnold S. Breitbart, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck is OK

+1

If your weight is fairly stable now, and you don't believe that you will be having more children (or at least not for many years), then a tummy tuck could be an excellent procedure for you at this time. Age is not a reason to delay the surgery.

Andres Taleisnik, MD

Appropriate time for a tummy tuck

+1

If you are sure you are done having kids, then you are a probably a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  At your age, you should heal well and get a nice result.  However, if you are planning to lose more weight, then you may want to  hold off until your weight stabilizes.  Make sure to find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  Good luck. 

Laurence Weider, MD

Done with children at 19, you can have a tummy tuck

+1

Of course, 19 is quite early to have completed your family, but two is a vary nice number. With pregnancy and weight loss and the resulting hanging skin, you should be a very good candidate for a tummy tuck to get your figure back. If you are 'done' you don't need to wait.

I'm 19 years old. Am I too young for a Tummy Tuck?

+1

Under normal circumstances I would say that you are way too young for a TT. But in view of your prior pregnancies, your combined decision with your husband not to have more children, your extensive weight loss following your pregnancies, and your significant excess abdominal skin I would say that you can undergo the TT. This will help your self-esteem and body image and you will not have to live with the big hanging stomach pouch which is resistant to any form of exercise. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Be careful

+1

I will throw a different opinion your way.  Physically, you are a canidate for surgery. But life can be more complex than you realize.  I don't doubt for a second that you are a mature person, I promise you will look back in 10 years and see a lot of personal growth.  While you may be sure that you don't want any more children, you just never know how your feelings can change because you change or your life changes. 

I would lose weight, stay in good shape and save for retirement.  Give yourself 4-5 years and then reconsider.

Remember....we get paid to operate on you.  The fact that we "can" does not mean we "should". 

Just a thought

K. Dwayne Fulks, MD
Chattanooga Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty should be postponed until no further pregnancies are planned.

+1

19 years old is young foreign abdominoplasty. However, if you are convinced the no further pregnancies are in your future you would be an excellent candidate for abdominoplasty.

Too Young for Tummy Tuck?

+1

Despite your age, your 2 children and weight gain during pregnancy with subsequent weight loss along with your description of loose hanging skin likely make you a very good tummy tuck candidate.  Look for the board certified plastic surgeon with the best credentials who performs hundreds each year.