Have Rippling, Cant Move Implants Under Muscle I Don't Think? (photo)

In 2006 had under the muscle (saline 350), then in 2010 I had silicone over the muscles put in (450), they looked great but after a baby in dec 2011 they had rippling and sagging. sept 5th had a lift & 435 Inspira implants put in. I still have rippling, it's not that visible in the image but it is in person and of course you can feel it. I had a consult and the doc said to go back under the muscle isn't going to work cause the muscle was released and is now retracted, what are my options?

Rippling

+1
That could be an option or you could just have some fat grafting on top of the implants to fill in the rippling as a less invasive procedure

Acellular dermal matrix may help hide rippling in breast implants above the muscle

+1

Thank you for your question. If your implants cannot be placed under the muscle, then acellular dermal matrix such as FledHD, Strattice, or AlloDerm placed over the implant may help.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Muscle Retraction after Pocket Change

+1

A dermal matrix works well in this situation but dramatically increases cost for a bilateral case.  The muscle perhaps has retracted, but no one knows that for sure without a scan or an operation.  If rippling is your only concern, fat grafting is cheaper and works well.  A secondary benefit is that the capsule does not have to be opened.  Kenneth Hughes, MD  breast implants Los Angeles, CA

Acellular Dermal Matrix To Solve Rippling Of Breasts With Implants

+1

Dear Sally,

Thank you for sharing your photo along with your post.

It seems from your description that you could benefit from an acellular dermal matrix applied and sutured between the implant and the overlying tissue hence providing the necessary support to improve the rippling you are experiencing.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Breast Implants Rippling

+1

Your options to help improve rippling are to sew in a sheet of medical grade material (acellular dermal matrix) and to put more fat in the tissues covering the implant with fat grafting.Once the lower edge of the muscle has been released and move higher, these ways can still help with rippling.

Michael Horn, MD

Implant rippling

+1

You are correct. The muscles at this stage have retracted .Your implants are now under the breast tissue and lack inferior support.This can best be corrected with acellular dermis or mesh support

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

One other option is to use acellular dermal matrix

+1

Hello

Thank you for the question and the photos.  One other option to add some layers or volume between your skin and your implant is to utilize an acellular dermal matrix.  Fat grafting can also be done if you're willing to undergo several far grafting sessions and you have sufficient far to harvest.  Placing the implants under the muscle will not be much help since the muscle will only cover the upper one third or perhaps half of the implant at best.

All the best

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD