Hematoma I Think, 1 Month Post-op - What's Next Step? (photo)

1 wk post-op (Lift/implant exchange) the left breast was larger/firmer, 2 ultrasounds detected no blood. 3 wks post-op lots of bruising, still larger/firmer, Doc thinks it is a hematoma and ultrasounds missed it, wants to remove tissue to resolve 5 wks post-op. Right breast to me is droopy for just having had a lift, prefer shape of left but scared of effects of not removing tissue what will happen? maybe a larger implant in right instead? they need to be same size I cant wear a bra!

Hematoma I Think

+1

I would be most hesitant to make that diagnosis with a normal ultrasound. Distinguishing between solid tissue and liquid is the strength of that modality. These breasts do not look that different in size to me, at least on this one photo that shows both sides. 

I would hold off on any surgery without more evidence that something is there and that the surgery will be of some benefit.

Thanks for your question, and best wishes.

Hematoma, perhaps, after breast augmentation

+1

If the ultrasounds don't see it we have our doubts. It is possible to place a drain if your surgeon is convinced, though we would delay any revisions until the skin and implants settle and adapt so revision if any, is a bit more predictable.

Hematoma I Think, 1 Month Post-op - What's Next Step?

+1

Sorry for the issues but over the internet even with the posted photo very hard to advise.. Best to see IN PERSON a second opinion from a boarded PSs in your city. 

Heamtoma and breasts

+1

If you have a large hematoma, then it sounds wise to have it evacuated.  Some minor revision can be performed to adjust the skin envelope as well.