Otoplasty 2 weeks ago and got hit in the ear?

I had Otoplasty 2 weeks ago and got hit in the ear yesterday. There is no real swelling or bleeding but the scar at the back of the ear is a dark purple and extremely sore. I also fear that the ear has moved away from the head slightly but this could just be my imagination, What should I do?

Consult with your surgeon

+1
I recommend following up with your surgeon as soon as possible. Your surgeon will be the best person to advise you regarding this situation.

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Hello Sammy_94,
There is nothing you can do except wait, regardless of whether you were operated on with a traditional or with the stitch method. The feeling that your ear has moved away from the head slightly could be a result of the swelling caused by the hit.A swollen ear always appears somewhat protruding. You can expect your ear to return to the position it had before the hit when the swelling has disappeared.

Waldemar Merck, MD
Germany Plastic Surgeon

Ear Trauma After Otoplasty

+1
Obviously, trauma may effect the result of the Otoplasty. The purple behind the ear is blood, causing the black and blue. The position of the ears, the incision, and your over all status should be evaluated by your surgeon.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon