I had an otoplasty two weeks ago but I feel as though they're pinned back too far, will that change?

I have read that the final results or not seen till several weeks in etc. and I'm not trying to be so pernickety! But I'm courious if the ears will appear to move out a bit after a few weeks?

OTOPLASTY RESULTS

+1
During otoplasty procedures, the ears are almost always overcorrected somewhat to compensate for the tendency for the ears to move back out subtly over several months following the surgery.  Two weeks is probably too early to assess the final result.  Give it time!

Good luck!

Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Be patient

+1
Otoplasty results are not immediate. Some operations require over-correction so that when the ears heal, they will be in the best position. Two weeks is too early to judge. 

Richard A. Zoumalan, MD

Ear pin back problem

+1
Your ears are still swollen from the otoplasty.
As swelling subsides, the true correction appears.
At six weeks, you should see improvement.
At 3 months more improvement and at 6 months, the final result. 

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Otoplasty

+1
Sometimes the ear, after surgery does look over corrected. In my experience and the technique that I use the Ear comes forward in 3-6 months period. It is important to follow up with your surgeon.

Sanjay Parashar, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

+1
The ears will relax over time following your otoplasty.  Follow your Plastic Surgeons post op instructions for your best result!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

+1
Hello Unknown90,
I agree with the opinion of Dr Michael I. Echavez. Nothing can be said yet about the final result so shortly after the otoplasty, since ears always have a tendency to move a few millimeters outwards again after an otoplasty, regardless of whether you were operated on with the traditional method or the new stitch method. You should wait at least 3 months, or better still 6 months.

Waldemar Merck, MD
Germany Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty overcorrection

+1
don't worry too much just yet.  They will likely relax and regain a small amount of prominence as the weeks and months go by.  I would not make any attempts to change yoursituation at the moment.  

simply follow up closely with your surgeon

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ears pinned back too far two weeks after otoplasty

+1
The ears generally do relax a bit with time after otoplasty and I would definitely not try to judge your results only two weeks after the procedure.  It can take 6-12 months for all of the healing to occur.  I would really give it at least 3 months before beginning to see what your results might be.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon