Otoplasty stitch method - were they over pinned?

I had my surgery almost a week ago, and the stitches are still in place. When I look in the mirror, I feel like my ears are over pinned because in a self-shot, the front of my ears are not visible. I was wondering if my ears will come out a bit once the stitches are removed or is this how they will like permanently? Thanks for your help in advance

Post op otoplasty concern

+2
Usually they do, but without pictures and knowing the exact technique, it's hard to say.  Don't be too concerned at this point as there will be some change over time.

Abilene Facial Plastic Surgeon

Over-pinned ears after otoplasty

+1
Without pictures, it's hard to give you an accurate answer. I would suggest scheduling a consultation with your surgeon and discussing your concerns with him or her. Good luck!

Carlo Honrado, MD, FACS

Over pinned ears

+1
If it was purely stitch method, it may or may not come out a bit depending on the type of stitch used and how extensive the dissection was. Consult your surgeon.

Somyos Kunachak, MD
Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Youshould ask your surgeon

+1
since your surgeon knows what was done and what was altered during your procedure.  Ears are known to relax a little with time but still best to check for reassurances from the surgeon you chose.

Curtis Wong, MD