Otoplasty - Need Revision & Scar Improvement (Photo)

Would love opinion on 2 yr old otoplasty. Had 1 revision. Had deep, large bowls, and some protrusion. Used local anesthesia, Atlanta reputable doctor. Want to get another revision but afraid and uncertain who to go to and what I could expect. Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Otoplasty revision

+1
The degree of pinning back is acceptable. The problems are surface irregularity secondary to underlying cartilage which can easily be corrected by a simple touch up procedure, a combination of minor incision and permanent filler injection.
Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 previous otoplasties

+1
It looks like your ear cartilage was incised (cut) along your anti-helical fold,  leaving to with a sharp ridge. A simple surgical procedure could be perform with high success rate under local anesthetic to smooth that edge.
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty - Need Revision & Scar Improvement

+1
Hallo pearl04,
A possible disadvantage of the traditional otoplasty method can be seen in your results. The edge and retraction along the inferior crus result from the fact that your cartilage was worked on and extensive excisions were made. In my opinion, the only chance of an improvement of this result is with the procedure recommended by Dr Andrew Winkler and Dr Don Fontana, which however necessitates an incision. It is good to know that in the meantime there is an otoplasty method by which the changes that occurred in your case can’t occur, since no incisions or excisions of the cartilage are made with this method. It is called the stitch method.

Germany Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty revision???

+1
Your problem is a bit unusual. The  right ear might be left alone. The left ear is more obvious and  a revision could be considered depending on the softness of the adjacent skin and lack of  scarring n the area. it looks as though there is a malalignment of the cartilage , and the repair may be  possible. Return to your  surgeon  for his/her opinion.
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty Revision

+1
I completely understand your reluctance to undergo another procedure! This is not the typical result we would expect after 2 otoplasty surgeries!  In experienced hands, you should be able to achieve an acceptable result with a relatively minor procedure.

Given the difficulty you've had, I would recommend using an incision that lies over this area, called the "inferior crus". Most of your cartilage is still there, which is good. There are some irregularities that need to be smoothed out.  I would probably use a thin material called AlloDerm to smooth out this area.  All of the incisions can be closed with dissolvable sutures.  

I hope this helps you get the result your looking for!
Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon