Otoplasty Result 7 Days Post Op. Did My Surgeon Overcorrect One Ear? (photo)

Hi, I just had an otoplasty done(1 week ago), and I think the surgeon may have over corrected one of the ears. What do you think?

Early asymmetry after otoplasty

+1

Early asymmetry after an otoplasty is not uncommon.  In some cases, surgeons will purposely overcorrect an ear, especially if there is a large amount of inherent elasticity in the ear.  Other factors that can contribute to asymmetry include favoring one side during sleep, individual healing factors.  Wait at least three to six months prior to consideration of revision of ears.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty Result 7 Days Post Op. Did My Surgeon Overcorrect One Ear?

+1

I agree with Dr. Shumway that one week is to soon to determine the final outcome. Asymmetry after otoplasty is the rule rather than the exception but it is usual subtle asymmetry that is not obvious. I would suggest giving this several months to heal and direct further questions to your plastic surgeon as they know you and your history best. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/otoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

7 Days

+1

Seven days post-op seem a little early to judge the final outcome.  However, frequent follow-up with your surgeon is very appropriate.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon