Had Otoplasty Performed About 3 Years Ago and Am Concerned About my Left Ear Re-protruding at the Top? (Photo)

Do you think I'd be a good candidate for a revision on this ear, considering the time that has elapsed? Would the work required me major, or would this be a minor touch up? I'm more than satisfied with the right ear, but the left ear has been bugging me for a while now.

Revising your otoplasty

+1

Thank you for the inquiry

revising your ear surgery should be a fairly simple procedure however always keep in mind that it's the little things that are the hardest to make perfect. I would take a posterior approach to the upper half of your ear and enhance the  antihelical fold with a permanent suture which at the same time would rotate the upper one third of your year into position similar to your opposing air. To do this under local anesthesia without much difficulty and if all goes well you should heal them 5 to 7 days.

I hope that is helpful

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon