Otoplasty Done Abroad, Is This Normal? (photo)

I had an otoplasty done in Lithuania,(too far to go back) 7 days ago, and the antihelix appears to stick out more than the helix. is this normal? and does cartilage swell? as it is big. Also, is at the top of the ear, in the picture, the skin feels "hollow", Like i can feel like a bubble under the skin. There was a huge haematoma here the first few days. Are they normal? Will the helix show over the antihelix eventually? or am I stuck like this?

Otoplasty

+2

It looks as though you may have hematoma in that area. You should see your surgeon as soon as possible to evacuate this otherwise, you may develop cauliflower ear.

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic surgery in foreign country

+2

It may seem like a "deal" to get cosmetic surgery performed in a foreign country; assuming that there is no issue, it might be a good deal.  However, when you have problems and can not return, you will have a much harder time fixing the issues. 

As you describe, you still have a hematoma.  This needs to be removed. If it is not removed, you will likely have a permanent deformity to the top of you ear. (cauliflower ear). 

If you can not go back to your original surgeon, I would suggest finding a plastic surgeon in your area.  You will have to pay them, but he or she should be able to fix the issue. 

Good luck; I am sorry you are having trouble. 

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty complication

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. What you have is a hematoma ( blood clot under the skin) It will affect the look of the ear if it was not removed. The soon the better. There also increased resin of infect. I suggest you look for a plastic/ ENT surgeon in your area to address this problem.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD