Possible to Have Ear Sculpting at the Top of My Ears?

I Had a otoplasty done january just gone and i'm still not happy with the results, they stick out at the top insted now, i cant wear my hair up and its cost me alot of money. Is it possible to hav e ear sculpting done at the top of the ears? i had the procedure done in London (MYA) Thankyou Kirsty 24 UK.

+1

You can have another otoplasty that focuses more on the top of the ear. Without pictures it is hard to recommend a treatment.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Secondary Otoplasty: "fine tuning"

+1

Without an exam or even photos my answer will be a general one. 

Secondary otoplasty to fine tune your first result in required in a fair number of patients. It can usually be done in the office under local anesthesia.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Revision of Otoplasty can Improve Ear Symmetry

+1

Revision, or secondary otoplasty can improve ear symmetry.

These touch-up otoplasty revisions can be done under local anesthesia in the office, and can improve your results.

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD

Top of ear still sticking out after ear surgery

+1

Yes, you can certainly have surgery on the top of the ear alone if necessary. It is likely that you need to reinforce or create the anti-helix of the ear.

Pinning ears back

+1

Yes, without the benefit of an exam, it appears that a second operation may improve your results.  I would speak with your surgeon about your concerns

Darrick E. Antell, MD

Otoplasty

+1

This is commonly seen due to incompletely understanding the cause of the prominent ears and poor execution of the surgical procedure.

It is correctable but requires reevaluation and redoing the surgery.

Revision ear sculpting is possible

+1

A very common undesired result of ear reshaping surgery (otoplasty) is the top portion not fully pulled back. Your surgeon should be made aware of your concerns and most likely they will work with you to fix the problem.  It may only take a minor procure under local anesthesia with some skin removal and suture placement for you to be very pleased.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Incisionless otoplasty

+1

Hello Kirsty,

It is definitely possible to improve on the outcome of your first operation. As my colleagues have mentioned, you should discuss this with your surgeon and see if he or she is willing to fix your problem. I find that the incisionless otoplasty approach is very useful in these cases. One can place a permanent stitch through the skin and bury it while recreating the necessary shape of the ear. This can be done under local anaesthesia in a minor surgery setting. Best of luck.

Dr. A. Gantous

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision otoplasty is possible

+1

The ear appearance that you describe can be corrected.  Make sure to discuss this with your initial surgeon and give him / her a chance to make this right.  The initial surgeon should be more willing to help keep the costs low and make the results better.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty to Further Reshape The Ear

+1

The answer is - yes. You can have another otoplasty procedure to bring in just the top portion of the ear. Hopefully you can return to your original plastic surgeon who can help you out. In most clinics, the plastic surgeon is usually quite willing and ready to do any minor revisions that might be indicated. Good luck.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon