Otoplasty, I Didn't Wear Bandages, is That Normal?

I did otoplasty 1.5 months ago in China and doctor didn't put any bandages on me, even when I asked about it, she said there is no need. My ears look like before, just a little pinned back, but not much of a difference in the whole look. I am just getting worried whether they have done something wrong or ears will get pinned after some time themselves. Can you please advise whether this is normal, looking at other patients you can see difference right after, but not in my case

Wrapping after otoplasty

+1

This is something that is doctor based and individualized. The wrapping can help in my opinion. But ulitmately if the surgery is done correctly this is the most important.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Concerns after otoplasty

+1

You really need to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  We take pre and post op photos to document the changes achieved through surgery.  Hopefully yours will show more then what you appreciate.  But if it doesn't, then you have a legitimate 'beef' with your surgeon and revisions may be indicated.  Ears will not fall further back on their own following an otoplasty.

Otoplasty Results and Bandages

+1

Bandages do not ultimately create the outcome from otoplasty, the surgical technique does. You should see otoplasty results immediately even in the face of swelling. If you do not then time is not going to make it better. Another effort at otoplasty, better done, will need to be performed for the desired improvement.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Bandages after otoplasty

+1

I would not be concerned with the bandages after surgery.  It is not always necessary to use them after otoplasty.  However, I would be concerned that you will not get the desired correction of your ears as the result should be obvious immediately after the surgery.  Your swelling should be completely gone by now.  Ears do not get more pinned by themselves with time.

Bandages after otoplasty

+1

Surgical procedures are individualized to each patient, so it is possible that a bandage may not have been necessary after an otoplasty.  I would say in most cases, that a bandage would be used.  I also would say that in most cases, you should be able to see a difference right away, although swelling after the surgery may affect the appearance of the ear.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon