Had Otoplasty Done 5 Days Ago And when Bandages Came off Terrible Results! Help Please,Im Scared! (photo)

Ok so ive wanted an otopplasy since as long as i can remeber and i had it done 5 days ago and when the dotor took of the bandages. I nearly freaked out and cried The two ears dont look the same granted more work had been done on the the right! but they dont look at all the same and its even worse than when i went in. What Can I do? My surgeon says give it time to heal but what if he is wrong!

Panic after an otoplasty

+2

You are very early after your surgery and there is still a good deal of swellling.  In surgery the goal is to have no more than 2 mm of difference between the two ears.  I would give it time for the post operative edema to resolve before you begin to panic and judge the final results.  

Otoplasty 5 Days Ago

+1

I like to leave the bandage on for 10 days post op, and then instruct the patient how to protect the ears while sleeping, and everyday activity.  It takes @ 6 weeks to heal and for the wounds to get as strong as they will get.  Protection and care are very important in this early stage.  Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon as often as he recommends for your best result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD