Can this otoplasty be corrected? (photo)

I had odoplasty done when i was 10 years old.I am 20 now and the one ear is different from the other. Both ears were bigger.Would a revision be a good idea and what changes can be done?I can get the ears revised for free with the same doctor.Thank you

Can this otoplasty be corrected?

+1
Yes.  Otoplasty may cost $4000 on the low end.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who regularly performs ear correction surgeries. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Can this otoplasty be corrected?

+1
Hello billgl. It is possible to correct the current position of your ears with one of the traditional methods as well as with the new stitch method. With the stitch method, you can co-determine the new result during the operation with the aid of a hand-held mirror and only leave the operating theatre when you are satisfied with the result. Revision surgery always involves new costs; the amount varies from doctor to doctor.

Waldemar Merck, MD
Germany Plastic Surgeon

Can this otoplasty be corrected?

+1
Your ears can be improved with a revision otoplasty. It appears that your ears were undercorrected. A standard otoplasty would improve both your symmetry and the amount that the ears stick out. To change the shape of the upper part of the left ear (if this concerns you) a small wedge excision could be performed to refine that area.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon