Otoplasty Coming Undone?

I had a otoplasty done at the end of july 2011, both my ears looked great after the procedure. I can understand the ears would relax a little bit, but both of the stayed the same for up to 6 months after the procedure. then in may my right ear starts relaxing and the whole thing comes undone, I just had a touch up on that ear but the left ear is showing signs that it may be doing the same thing, is this common? i wore my headband but after so long why would it do that?

Ear reversion after otoplasty

+1

Sometimes the internal suture begins to loosen, resulting in the ear relaxing.  THis can be corrected with revision, which can be performed in an office setting under local anesthesia.  This isn't a matter of just wearing the headband but the effort that your muscles are placing to try to revert to their position of memory.