Is It Okay to Do Otoplasty and Chin Liposuction at the Same Time?

Hi, I'll be going for otoplasty and chin liposuction in two weeks' time. My surgeon said it's okay but I was thinking.. For my ears, I will be in head bandage for the first two days followed by headband for the next two weeks. For my chin, I will have to wear a compression garment for two weeks. Doesnt it clashes?

Otoplasty and Chin Liposuction at the Same Time

+1

Otoplasty and chin liposuction can be performed at the same time. The surgeon will be able to order the appropriate garments.

Combining facial procedures saves money and reduces recovery time

+1

There is absolutely no problem having otoplasty surgery and liposuction under the chin at the same time. Both are relatively minor surgeries that can be done in a office OR with mild sedation.  Having these done at the same time is usually more cost effective and you can save a lot of time by going through one recovery instead of two. 

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty and chin liposuction

+1

Yes they can be performed at the same time and the recovery is very similar.  A standard chin liposuction or neck lift garment will pass right over your ears so it can be used in place of the standard head band.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Otoplasty and Liposuction surgery at the same time

+1

Yes, that combination is usually fine to do.  The surgeon will order the correct garments to wear for both procedures and that shouldn't be a problem.

Yes, combining these procedures is a great idea!

+1
Absolutely! Patients who are appropriate for ear correction and submental liposuction can achieve the same results from both procedures together as they would if these were done individually with minimal change in down time.  Otoplasty is an excellent procedure to correct prominent ears and has a high satisfaction rate with a low risk of complications. Chin liposuction in younger patients can achieve an improved neck contour without the need for skin tightening. In older patients (typically those 40 and above), chin liposuction usually requires some sort of skin tightening or lifting procedure to achieve an optimal result. Combining procedures can often be beneficial both in terms of time off as well as in terms of cost and safety. 

Mark Hamilton, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin liposuction with otoplasty

+1

I think your plans are fine. I have performed this combination several times with no issues whatsoever. There are several commercially available wraps that we use for lower facelifts with otoplasty, forehead lifts, etc. Your physician will have a great solution for you. Certainly get in touch with your surgeon to ask this very appropriate question. I think you'll feel more confident with your plans. Best Regards, Dr. Todd Hobgood.

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty and Chin Liposuction

+1

No the otoplasty and chin liposuction won't clash.  In fact, some compressive garments can work for both simultaneously.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Otoplasty And Chin Augmentation Is A Good Facial Combination

+1

There is no reason why ear and chin reshaping can not be done at the same time. Together they will make for some significant structural facial changes. Neither procedure involves a lot of pain so the combination is very tolerable afterwards. In regards to compression garments, every plastic surgeon has their own protocol and preference. In my adult otoplasty and chin augmentation patients, I do not require the use of any compression garment after the first 24 hours. I see no benefit to their use and they are certainly inconvenient to the patient. My chin implants are secured by a small screw so implant mobility afterwards is never a concern. Ear protection in adults is not needed during the daytime and only a small sweatband is used around the ears at night for two weeks after surgery.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+1

Yes this is an acceptable surgical combination. Check with your chosen surgeon to advise on his exact dressing. 

Chin lipo and ear surgery

+1

It would be fine to perform an Otoplasty and chin lipo at the same time. The same garment can be used for both procedures.

Jay M. Pensler, MD