Otoplasty and Rhinoplasty?

Hey i was wondering if an earlobe reduction and ear pin back otolasty can be performed with a hump removal and tip work rhinoplasty. I feel as if my ears and nose are unproportional to my face. Also can my nose be fixed so that it doesnt widen and droop so much when i smile ?

Otoplasty and Rhinoplasty Performed Together

+1

Otoplasty and rhinoplasty are two very compatible procedures that can be performed together.  During an otoplasty, the cartilage part of the ear to be ‘pulled back’ in a manner where they sit closer to the side of your head.  Earlobes can be reduced in size as well during the otoplasty by incisions made behind the ear.  This is not infrequently performed at the same time as a rhinoplasty.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty and rhinoplasty

+1

Ear pinning  (otoplasty) and rhinoplasty in both be performed at the same time under one anesthetic as an outpatient procedure. Both procedures done at the same time will take approximately 3 hours under general anesthesia. Expect 2 weeks of bruising and swelling around the ears and nose. The otoplasty will involve an incision behind the ears to permanently suture the cartilages  in a more natural shape. The rhinoplasty procedure usually involves hump removal and osteotomies to narrow the bridge and refinement of the  wide and bulbous tip. Computer imaging may help the communication process between your surgeon and yourself and help set the expectations

Web reference: http://seattlefacial.com

Otoplasty and Rhinoplasty at the Same Time

+1

These can be and are performed together.   Ear can be reduced in size and pinned back.  The nose can be tailored as you have asked.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD rhinoplasty and otoplasty Los Angeles, CA

Otoplasty and Rhinoplasty...

+1

Many people are unhappy with the way their noses and/or ears are shaped.  You can certainly perform both procedures at the same time, and this is commonly done.  The benefit is that you will have only one recovery period and only one anesthesia.  Also, the price may be a bit less when you combine procedures as opposed to doing them separately.  If you are interested in having both procedures done the same day, just be sure make a consultation appointment with a board certified facial plastic or plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Web reference: http://www.AssociatesinPlasticSurgery.com

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best to Have Rhinoplasty and Otoplasty at the Same Time?

+1

Hi DK,

Yes, patients may have rhinoplasty and otoplasty during the same operative procedure.  The benefit is that there is only one anesthesia session, one operation, and one recovery period.  The down side is that patients are under anesthesia for a longer time period, but in otherwise healthy individuals this should not be a factor.  Most importantly choose your surgeon most carefully. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Reducing large earlobes, ears and noses at the same time.

+1

It is not unusual to perform more than 1 elective procedure at the same surgery as long as the patient is healthy & the procedures do not interfere with one another. Repositioning protruding ears and reducing a large or deformed nose can be performed at the same time.     When there is situation like an overly large earlobe, these can be reduced with a relatively simple in-office procedure performed under local anesthesia. 

Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty and rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, it is possible to perform an otoplasty and rhinoplasty during the same surgery. And there are techniques that can help lift the nasal tip and improve the appearance of a drooping nose. I would recommend a consult with an experienced and board certified facial plastic surgeon who uses computer imaging software. He/she will be able to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and  I wish you the best of luck. 

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com

Combined rhinoplasty and otoplasty

+1

Performing a rhinoplasty and otoplasty is quite acceptable and very rewarding in terms of enhancing the total facial appearance.  The healing and convalescence can take place at the same time.  All dressings and splints can be removed together.

Combination Surgery: Otoplasty and Rhinoplasty

+1

Thanks for your question.  It is no problem combining cosmetic Otoplasty and Rhinoplasty.  This will allow you to enjoy some nice facial contour improvements with one recovery time!

Web reference: http://www.drbresnick.com/ear-reshaping-otoplasty-los-angeles/

Hey i was wondering if an earlobe reduction and ear pin back otolasty can be performed with a hump removal and tip work rhinopla

+1

Yes, we frequently perform Rhinoplasty with Otoplasty or Chin Augmentation. Combined these two procedures would take about 2 hours to perform.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/Rhinoplasty.html

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.