OTC Treatments for Acne, Whiteheads, Blackheads, and Scars?

I've been getting pimples for the past 3 years, and now my acne is getting really bad. Although I don't pop my pimples, they leave hideous marks on my face. I don't even want to leave the house. What can I do to minimize the marks, or make them go away? Are there over the counter treatments I can use? I don't have a lot of money as I'm still a student. I usually get breakouts at once. It's not cystic or anything, just very small pimples, but really painfull. Whiteheads and black heads are major problems, and my skin tone is terrible. Please help, I'm desperate.

Over the counter treatments for Acne

+1

There are many good over the counter treatments for acne, although their effectiveness in more severe nodular acne is not as strong as you might receive from prescriptions. Most of these are based with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.

Nowadays, the pharmacies and supermarkets are offering generic antibiotics and generic topical treatments at very low prices, even wal-mart offers scripts for $4.00. If you have more acne and cant afford a dermatologist visit , go to a public health clinic or walk in or family clinic and those doctors can prescribe basic generics that will be effective for your acne.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.