Osteotomy done on a wide nose. (Photo)

Hi, 8 days after having my nose narrowed with ostheotomy procedure this is my anfas result and I don't see any difference from how it looked like before surgery. Do you think this is due to swelling because I don't feel like my bone has been narrowed. thanks!!!

Rhinoplasty at 8 days

+2
At 8 days after rhinoplasty, the nose is maximally swollen and you have to give it several months to start to see the results, but it may take up to a year.

Osteotomies performed on a wide nose?

+1
You will still be significantly swollen 8 days after surgery. In general, post-operative swelling can give the appearance of asymmetry, irregularities, and a larger appearing nose. It is best to be patient during the healing process, as your nose will change over time. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. The final result is not evident for 18-24 months after surgery. I would recommend speaking to your surgeon regarding any concerns, as he or she knows the details of your procedure. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Still swollen and bruised

+1
Eight days postop is too early to evaluate the results following rhinoplasty with osteotomies. You are still swollen and bruised. It will be about 4-6 weeks before you can really begin to appreciate the changes from surgery. In many instances, it will take up to a year for the swelling to completely resolve and for you to see the final result.

Jamil Ahmad, MD

Swelling after surgery

+1
You are very early after surgery.  Your nose is still very swollen, so it is difficult to make an accurate assessment about it.  Hang in there!  You will be able to tell more as the swelling goes down.

Angela Sturm, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon