Orthodontic

Hello my name is Kevin I was having a rapid maxillary Expansion 4 years ago . Now my jaw is narrow again. Today i got a Slow maxillary expansion . Will i get the same result with it ,like i was having with the rpe device ? Thanks Kevin

Rapid Palatal Expansion Vs. Slow Palatal Expansion

+1
Unfortunately, the slow maxillary expansion may not work following rapid palatal expansion. The reason you had relapse following rapid palatal expansion is because the rapid expansion causes fracturing of the palatal suture which then forms scar tissue when it heals. If there is residual scar tissue when doing slow palatal expansion you are most likely going to have relapse again.

Good luck!

Tustin Cosmetic Dentist