My Orthodonist Quoted Me $3,500 for Invisalign. Is This a Good Cost?

I did a complimentary consultation with a DFW orthodontist last week. They quoted me $3,500 for the treatment. I have a slight overbite and moderate crowding of the teeth. The recommended treatment is 10 to 14 months. No extractions will be necessary. I just want to make sure I'm getting a good deal before I put this money down. Thanks!

There are no "good deals" in health care until the work is completed

+1

The cost of your Invisalign treatment is low compared to the national average.  However, the way you ask the question makes it seem like all Invisalign treatments are the same, regardless of the doctor.  This is absolutely untrue, as the final results are going to very much depend on the treatment plan prescription and planning of treatment by the doctor.

The "deal" is only a good one if you achieve the desired final results and should also take into account your experience along the way.  Good luck!

Toronto Orthodontist

Cost of Invisalign treatment varies widely

+1

The fee you were quoted is unusually low. While costs vary in different geographic locations, it would be more common to expect a fee in the $5000+ range for treatment such as you describe. You might want ot confirm that the doctor you consulted with is experienced with Invisalign treatment. if so, go for it!

Mercer Island Orthodontist

The cost of invisalign

+1

It is a great deal. You should go for it.

Usually , the cost of the invisalign is between $4500 and $5500.

Santa Ana Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign pricing can vary

+1

Since your treatment is taking about 12 months your Invisalign is probably a "full case".  If so, $3500 is very inexpensive.  One thing to remember is that this fee convers only the course of Invisalign treatment.  If you find that something ends up not to your liking there may not be much the orthodontist can do to change things after the Invisalign treatment.

Seattle Orthodontist

Invisalign Cost

+1

Not that you should ever accept treatment based on cost but if your treatment is indeed taking 10-14 months then it's can't be an Invisalign Express case, it would have to be Full Invisalign, therefore you're getting a steal of a deal. It could be that your orthodontist is using a different product, i.e. not Invisalign which would be less expensive for him/her and therefore the savings could be past on to you. Any clear aligner system used correctly should work fine.

Tustin Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Cost

+1

There are two common types of Invisalign treatment:

1. Invisalign Express which is 10 aligners or less.

2. Invisalign Full which includes 2-3  refinements (new impressions and new series of aligners) ie as many aligners as needed.

If your treatment s Full Invisalign treatment ten you are getting an exceptional deal on cost.

Go for it!

Greeley Orthodontist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.