The Skin Where my Nasal Bump Was Shaved Down is Still Red After 3 Months Post Op?

Red Skin after Dorsal Hump Shaving 3 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

Red skin after dorsal hump shaving 3 months after rhinoplasty may be part of the normal healing process.   Sometimes this can indicate periostitis, and antibiotics will help.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

The skin where my nasal bump was shaved down is still red after 3 months post-op?

+1

An exam would really be necessary to provide you with advice. It is not abnormal to have some redness, as you are still healing. I would recommend following up with your surgeon so he/she can examine the area and provide you with a recommendation. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Redness after Rhinoplasty?

+1

Removing a hump from the bridge of your nose frequently leads to purplish bruising or protracted redness. Nothing to worry about at this point, even at 3 months you are still healing.  Stay out of the sun, use SPF daily, and use a makeup powder that can be brushed over the area to help tone down the redness.  I like iS Clinical's SPF 20 makeup powder! Enjoy your result- Dr. Capone 

Randolph Capone, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Red nose after rhinoplasty

+1

3 months is still early in your post-op course to be concerned.  The redness should fade over time, and the changes should be gradual and continuous.  Be sure to ask your surgeon about this during your next visit. 

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Skin over nasal bump

+1

It is best to see this in person. Usually something like this settles down with time. if not, lasering the skin may help remove any telangiectasias that you see.

Temporary changes after a rhinoplasty

+1

More than likely any redness that you are experiencing on your nose after your rhinoplasty is temporary.  On your next post operative visit show this to your plastic surgery so that a thorough examination can be performed.  

Broken capillaries after Rhinoplasty

+1

You should share your concern with your surgeon, because it is impossible to diagnose with certainty without seeing you, and you should rule out something serious such as infection. A more common occurence is "broken capillaries" which is temporary reactive hyperplasia of small blood vessels from the trauma of surgery. This usually resolves with time but may require laser treatment.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post rhinoplasty redness in area where bump was shaved

+1

Dear Dre, You need to see your surgeon so that a direct examination of the inflammation may be made for a proper diagnosis. I would suggest making an appointment as soon as possible so that you may have peace of mind. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD