Breasts Feel/look Like Jello After Explant?

I had an explant 6 days ago, after only 2.5 months. I'm 5'1/98lbs and after the initial surgery my breathing was never the same. I had EKG's, stress tests and heart sonograms done, all came back negative. I finally decided that although no scientifically proven, my 300cc silicone implants were affecting my breathing. My question is this. I know it's only been 6 days after removal, but my breats (what's left of them) feel and look like jello. They're just not firm. Will they firm up w time?

Implant removal and breast texture

+2

Being that you are only about a week out of surgery, you hae to give it a few months to see how the breasts respond to the removal of the implants. 

Explant and breast contraction.

+1

Your implants were in place for a small amount of time and you are very early post-explantation. It will take several weeks to months for the breasts to contract to their original size and shape. It may not occur completely, but it is important to be patient and allow the process to occur.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast changes after explant

+1

It is too soon at six days to know how much improvement to expect. SInce the implants were in for a relatively short amount of time, 10 weeks, I thing there is reasonable hope that some skin elasticity remains and that some tightening will occur over the next few months. If there is some tightening, the breasts should feel firmer.

Thanks and best wishes.

Jello post explant

+1

Probably not becuase you have loose skin and this will not tighten over time.It is like soemone let the air out of the balloon

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Will Breasts Become Firmer after Removal of Breast Implants?

+1

Given that your surgery was only a week ago, you can expect some changes to occur with time. Generally speaking, the skin should "bounce back” to some degree.  How much they will “firm up” with time will vary from one patient to another.

Generally speaking what breasts look like after removal of breast implants will  depend on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect in the longer term.

Hello

+1

Having implants for almost 3 years, your skin is not going to contract back as you expect it. You did not mention what your age is, that has a lot to do with the way your skin is reacting.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS