How simple is it to rasp bone irregularities after a rhinoplasty?

I had a rhinoplasty to remove my dorsal hump (osteotomy performed) and refine my tip slightly. I am about 2 weeks post op which I know is far too early to assess final results; however, I have noticed a small bony bump on the right ride of my nose which is visible not just noticeable to the touch. If this bump persists after a year, would I be able to rasp it down and that be sufficient? How involved would that be?

+1
Yes but only after healing is attained than a re evaluation allows that determination of additional surgery... 

+1
   If it is bone, it can be rasped provided that is present after the resolution of swelling.

Rasp

+1
If properly indicated when you are recovered, rasping a small boney irregularity is pretty straightforward but still should be done in an O.R. and typically with either sedation or general anesthesia.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Rhinoplasty irregularities post-op can be fixed

+1
Once the nasal swelling has resolved (which can take several months), then small irregularities like you describe can be revised - sometimes under local anesthesia.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

+1
Give yourself time. Swelling following a rhinoplasty can take up to a year and beyond. Only then can an accurate assessment be made. Sometimes after the swelling has gone down, small little imperfections may be noticeable.This would include small bony bumps. In many cases, this can be resolved under local anesthesia and fairly simple to correct.  Follow your surgeon's advice. Good luck

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

+1
Follow up with your surgeon on a regular basis.  If any revision is needed, he will be the one to make that decision.  Your surgeon will determine if he needs to rasp your nose.  Many times, the procedure can be done in an office setting. Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD