Lumps and hard spots on my upper back and under arms after tummy tuck- is this normal?

I have a tummy tuck and lipo of my full back sides and waist 9 days ago. I have on a waist cincher and under that i have foam pad and a white t shirt. Since ive had this on the hard spots have pushed up to my upper back, and under my arms where the waist cincher begins. Its very hard and hot to touch. Is this normal? I cannot afford massages at this moment. I try and rub it and massage it myself. Its very hot like i have a fever. I have no fever its just my body is really warm in the lipod spots.

Recovery

+1

To best help you, a physical examination is required in order to determine which procedure or technique would be best for your case.

Dr. Campos

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Hard spots where you were liposuctioned

+1
are normal and most likely represent indurated fat that is recovering from the liposuction injury.  Sometimes, the lumps represent seromas or hematomas, and these may need to be drained for prevention of infection and deformity.  Your surgeon will be able to tell and advise you as to proper fitting of your garment to avoid a tourniquet effect from the swelling and garment.  Good luck , and enjoy your new body

Eleanor J. Barone, MD

Hard spots after tummy tuck and liposuction

+1
  • It sounds as though you have swelling being pushed up by the waist cincher.
  • Call your surgeon's office and see if you can remove it and wear something less snug.
  • Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD