Lipo Lip/Indent After 13 Years? (photo)

Back in 2000, I had a liposuction procedure to manage a "pooch" belly. I had always been fit, but had a small pouch in my lower abs. After the procedure, I had a indentation across my abdomen under my belly button. I went back to the surgeon, who did a second round of lipo to even it out, but the result was the same. Ultimately he told me I would need a tummy tuck to even it out. I did not pursue a tummy tuck. Is there something that can be done with this after 13 years with minimal downtime?

Improving your outcome

+1

From your photo it is difficult to answer your question.  IF there is some remaining fat in that ridge, further liposuction may help.  IF however this is an excess skin issue, then removal of the extra skin may indeed require a tummy tuck. 

I recommend getting a few opinions from different Board Certified plastic surgeons in order to figure out the best way to go.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Fixing Lipo Dent

+1

I find this difficult to determine from the picture alone.  It may be that tummy tuck or some version therof may be appropriate.  However, if the issue is more of a dent than laxity, fat grafting could be an option.  I would have to examine you to determine this effectively.

Tummy tuck ??

+1

Judging from the picture (this without being able to examine you !) you would have to consider an abdominoplasty. It appears that you could very well be a candidate for a limited abdominoplasty ("Mini abdominoplasty") with undermining of the the lower belly skin and if necessary some tightening of the muscle and than excision of the extra skin underneath the belly button.

When you look at the various questions and pictures of other ladies in the past on this website "Mini abdominoplasty" is rather the exception than  the rule. Most patients require a "full abdominoplasty". Non invasive methods "tightening" your skin will not work.

Good luck and your down time should not be too long.

Guido P. Gutter MD
Evansville Plastic Surgeon