I am wondering if I am a candidate for a lip lift AND a corner lift? (photo)

Hello! I am wondering if I am a candidate for a lip lift AND a corner lift? I have not done any injectables because I heard that using injectables will not help someone who needs a lip lift, instead it will give them "duck" lips. I want something that is permanent. Please tell me if I am a candidate for a lip lift? Thank you for your time. Have a wonderful day:)

Liplift

+2
Thank you for your question.  As with many things in cosmetic surgery, there are several options.  I can tell you with certainty that you can achieve more red show of your upper lip without getting the feared "duck lips".  You just need a skilled injector who is good with lips.  Lip injections are usually done with Hyaluronic Acid which is reversible if you don't like the results.  You can also get lip implants (office procedure under local) that can have a dramatic effect (also reversible by easily removing the implant).  They do not feel as natural and there is always risk of infection with any alloplastic implant, so this is a consideration.  The lip lift procedure is a good procedure for select patients and might be right for you, but is not reversible and will leave you with a scar (no matter how inconspicuous).  I would recommend trying the fillers first.  Seek a skilled injector who also does surgery who can guide you through the process and give you a candid evaluation.  All the best.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip lift

+1
I would not do a lip lift or a corner of the mouth lift. In the past 25 years I have done these procedures a number of times and NEVER liked the results. The scars always show and look very unnatural. Because of this I  limit my lip work to injectable fillers done naturally, but which are temporary....or I do dermal-fat grafts to make the lips fuller using your own tissue from just above the supra-pubic hairline. This is permanent and natural looking and is a procedure I invented and popularized over 20 years ago for women who wanted fuller, natural looking lips permanently. DO NOT put any type of implant in your lips that is not your own tissue or an approved filler as I have removed many of these over the past 25 years from infection and extrusion.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lift

+1
If you are looking for a permanent lip change, you would be a good candidate for either a lip lift or a lip advancement. It is important to know the differences between these two permanent lip augmentation procedures as they will have different effects. A Lip lift places the skin excision up under the nose and will only lift the central aspect of the upper lip. (cupid's bow) A lip advancement moves the entire border of the upper lip from one corner to the other. It is the most effective permanent lip augmentation procedure but does place a fine line scar along the red-white border as a trade-off. As for your mouth corners, they are fairly level with maybe a slight downturn. With a lip advancement, a corner of the mouth lift would not be needed. With a lip lift, there may be some benefit to doing so. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

I am wondering if I am a candidate for a lip lift AND a corner lift?

+1
Maybe BUT over the internet very very hard to advise a surgical operation. You need IN PERSON evaluations.... 

Lip Lift vs Filler to Lips

+1
You have very reasonably shaped lips that could use only a little filling. You do also have a little marionette depression. I would not recommend either a corner or a lip lift. Neither will improve you enough to make it worthwhile. A filler such as Juvederm will let you know if you like the enhanced lips. If so, you could then opt for an implant, though I am not a fan of them. Though it is impossible to tell from your picture, it may be possible to elevate the corner of your mouth with a filler like Juvederm Voluma in the area under the orbital rim, thus elevating the malar and more inferior tissues including the corners of the lip. Otherwise, the same filler that is placed in the lips could be placed in the marionette areas. Make sure that you choose an expert injector for whatever you do. 

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Strongly recommend against a lip lift

+1
With a young attractive face like yours, I would strongly recommend against any type of surgical procedure such as a lip lift. A skilled injector can achieve excellent results with injectables such as Juvederm to improves the fullness of your lips quite naturally and create the appearance of corner elevation. Particularly if you have not done any type of procedure before, you would be well advised not to use any type of permanent materials or surgical procedures until you see the type of results that can be achieved with fillers. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Remember you can always pursue surgical procedures or permanent fillers in the future if you choose, but once you commit to these, the results are irreversible if you are unhappy.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Lift to Lips

+1
You would be an excellent candidate for fillers. First, you have volume loss of your upper face which is contributing to the drooping of the corners of your mouth. Voluma to your cheeks would give you a nice lift and restore the fullness to your upper face. Voluma is a longer lasting filler which is indicated up to 2 years. You have beautifully shaped lips that just have some mild volume loss. Your lips should respond very well to fillers and not have that "duck" appearance as long as they are not overfilled. There is no permanent fix for these issues since aging is a dynamic process. As long as you take care of your skin and have maintenance treatments you should see very nice results. Please consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon experienced in cosmetic injectables. Best wishes.   

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Lift

+1
I do not believe you need surgery on the lips. I would be very hesitant and against putting any scar on your lips for lifting either the lip or the corner of the lip. Scars are forever, and can not be reversed