Left Side Not Healing the Same After Augmentation? (photo)

I am a little over a week post op i have salines under thr muscle. was a small a cup before. and my left side(425cc saline) looks completely different than my right(410cc saline). I understand it will take a while for them to reach their final result, but I'm worried that my surgeon might have messed something up. Does this look normal to you?

Patience and time after breast augmentation.

+1

At one week out of surgery, it is far too early to judge any result. Each breast will heal at a different rate and it takes months before the final appearance is evident. What is more concerning is your apparent lack of confidence in your surgeon and assuming something was "messed up." Trust is key in the surgeon-patient relationship and concerns like this should be brought up directly with your doctor.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Slight asymmetry immediately after breast augmentation usually passes as swelling subsides.

+1

Asymmetry pointed out in the photograph can definitely be explained by the side effects of swelling and its pressure on breast implants. You should see improvement over the next few weeks.

Breast Implant - asymmetry 1 week after surgery

+1

It is extremely difficult to tell at one week without a comparison photo of your before status.  This could be completely normal for you if you started asymmetric.  I would return to your surgeon and discuss with him or her your before pictures and compare them to these. Best Wishes!

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

Left Side Not Healing the Same After Augmentation?

+1

Only 1 week after surgery! No before photos posted to allow comparison! Thus very hard to advise. Best to seek IN {PERSON second opinions or wait the usual 3 months for healing. 

When breasts are asymmetric after augmentation

+1

it can be distressing.  However, I don't think your surgeon messed up.  To properly comment, a pre-op photo is needed as asymmetries are quite common.  Implant are guaranteed to make you fuller and larger, nothing else.  Of course we would like for them to look as good as they could too.  Give it time to heal and follow the recommendations of your surgeon and keep your faith.  If its still off, I'm sure your surgeon will want to work with you to make it better, if possible.  I personally find upper poles being level as the most important factor as it will determine how tube tops sit and how your cleavage will look in your clothing.

Curtis Wong, MD

Asymmetry After Breast Augmentation Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. The breast asymmetry that you referred to is visible in the picture you post; however, it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure (as you note in your question). It is also too early to know if your surgeon has “messed something up” because the degree of breast asymmetry that you are experiencing may be related to transient swelling, muscle spasm issues, differential tissue “re-draping” etc.  As these temporary postoperative changes dissipate  over the course of the next several months, the final outcome of the procedure will “show itself”.

At this point, I would suggest continued patience and continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Normal to have some asymmetry early after a breast augmentation

+1

A breast augmentation will give you a bigger version of yourself.  You must have had a very small degree of asymmetry since different sized implants were used yet the volume differences are tiny.  There will always be some early differences in healing after a breast augmentation and one side will always progress faster than the other.  Your plastic surgeon is your resource for any questions about progression and healing.  

Left Side Not Healing the Same...

+1

It is much too early in your healing process to determine what your end result will be.  Keep doing the exercises you were instructed to do. And keep in close contact with your surgeon. All the best! 

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

One week post breat augmentation

+1

At one week post breast augmentation it is way too early to be so alarmed by the appearance of your breasts.  Give it time to heal and settle.

1 week post op Breast Augmentation

+1

Relax.  You are only 1 week post op.  It takes weeks to completely heal, and for the implants to take shape.  Address any and all concerns to your Plastic Surgery.  That's what he is there for.  His goal is that you heal and look beautiful.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD