I Want to Get a Reduction. Will I Need a Lift? (photo)

I have 400cc right now and i want to go down to 250-300cc.

Downsizing implants

+2

With the implant exchange to a smaller size, there will be a little looseness of the breast skin, and less fullness in the upper part of the breast. Since you have youth on your side, and your skin looks reasonably elastic, I would suspect that you will be fine without requiring a breast lift.

Breast augmentation revision

+2

Reducing your volume by 100-150 cc's with your skin quality is unlikely going to require a lift, but your breasts may be a bit looser.

Breast implant revision

+2
Hard to answer your question without an exam, but based on your likely good skin elasticity/quality you would not need a lift with a small downsizing.  Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Lift with downsize

+2

As best as I can tell from your pictures you have good skin quality and should not need a lift. Downsizing will most likely give you a much more natural look.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift not necessary

+2

From your photographs, it does not appear that you will require a breast lift as the nipples set well above your breast fold. Downsizing will deflate the size of the breasts but is not going to create a situation where the nipple needs to be moved as in a lift procedure. You are very slim, and my only comment is that your breasts are quite far apart, and I suspect you would like more cleavage. Because you are very slim the option to change to over the muscle is probably not a good option; it would provide more cleavage, but may result in a more visible and implant rippling problem. One option to create more cleavage is to perform fat transfer over the implant towards the cleavage area, known as a composite breast augmentation procedure.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Smaller implants

+2

You should not need a lift but creation of a new pocket for your smaller implants something I do quite frequently for patients with excellent results

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Deciding on whether to do or not do a breast lift - Los Angeles

+1

The position of your arms during your photograph obscures whether you will need a lift. Arms down and posture correct...will allow the biometrics to be a better predictor.

Raffy Karamanoukian Los angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

I Want to Get a Reduction. Will I Need a Lift?

+1

Probably not based upon the amount you want to go down and the picture you have provided.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast augmentation revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lift essential

+1
Right now your nipples are too lateral, point outward and your skin is stretched from the oversized implants. By downsizing to 250 or 300 cc implants, your skin will be looser and will require excision. I recommend a circumareola approach to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Excess skin can be removed and allow implant exchange. I recommend silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Down sizing Implants

+1

Thanks for your photo. If you are going to downsize your implants 100-150 cc then your skin will droop significantly to require a lift at the same time.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS