Nipples asymmetrical as well as implant. Is this something i should be concerned about? (photo)

hello. I had my surgery done on 10/24/13 so im about 1 week post op. the doctor explained to me that my left breast would be higher than my right initially because the a bigger implant was inserted in the left breast. my breasts were tuberous and asymmetrical prior to my lift. Am i on a good track? is this something i should be concerned about?

Post-op asymmetry

+1

I agree that you are still asymmetrical and your left side is much more swollen than the right. Give it some time.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Should I be concerned because nipples are asymmetrical

+1

Congratulations on your procedure! Don't worry, it's only been 1 week since your surgery and that is too soon to worry about actual results. Every patient is different so it can take anywhere from 3-6 months for your breasts to settle and shape to change. Keep in mind that no one has perfectly symmetrical breasts so although they will be improved from your surgery, it is not likely they will be perfectly symmetrical. Make sure you continue to follow up closely with your surgeon and follow post-op instructions and give it some time. ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Nipples asymmetrical as well as implant. Is this something i should be concerned about?

+1

Reviewing your before photo you should understand the pre op asymmetry was attempted to be corrected in one operation. In most cases this can not be accomplished. You WILL need two operations. Sorry. This should have been explained pre operatively..

Breast implant position changes in the early post op period

+1

It appears that you have a relatively large breast implant - based on your appearance, its going to take some time for the implants to settle into position and for your significant post op swelling to reduce.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Breast implant asymmetry

+1

You have to give it some time for the implants to settle in to the pocket. It may take 3-4 months. Good luck.

Asymmetric breasts

+1

It is early from your surgery and more information is really needed regarding the type of lift and implant placement. That said I would carefully follow up with my surgeon as your implants are high for even this early post op

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Don't make any long-term decisions at 1 week postop.

+1

There are often asymmetries in the way the two sides settle, especially since you have had a different amount of surgery to each breast. You will have to wait several weeks and probably months before you get an idea of what your final result will be.

You had a significant asymmetry preoperatively and there has been a dramatic improvement. If you are concerned about the differences, talk to your surgeon as he or she will be in the best place to reassure you. Good luck.

Jonathan J. Staiano, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry one week post op

+1

Asymmetry one week after surgery can be expected especially when there is unevenness before surgey and your doctor uses different sized implants. Be patient as the swelling will improve and the implants will shift a little leading to improved symmrtry of the nipple as well. Speak to your doctor so see if recommends massage or compression to help the process along. Good Luck.

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

1 week postop is too early to tell

+1
you certainly do have a visible asymmetry, however at this stage of your healing it's too early to give you a definitive answer as to what will happen. Depending on how the lift was done and how your surgeon placed the implant, you may have a lot of changes happening over the next three months.

Martin Jugenburg, MD