Wanting bigger, firmer, younger looking breasts with few scars: Do I Need a Breast Lift? (photo)

I want bigger, firmer and younger looking breast with the least amount of scars. I am not opposed to a lift if needed. I've been told I am borderline for a lift and I could get nice natural results with just moderate plus silicone implants with dual plane placement and no lift. Would I benefit from doing the augmentation first and then if not happy with the results go back for the lift?

Breast Augmentation First Followed by Lift if Needed Best Option

+4

Thank you for your email. You will most likely be happy with a subglandular or under the breast , moderate profile plus silicone gel implant. I would have the breast augmentation and wait 6 months, if at that time you want the nipple lifted you can have a more accurate and possibly smaller mastopexy or lift.

Lift or not

+2

You have some mild ptosis.

Here's an easy way to assess yourself.  Stand in front of the mirror.  Put your hands together, on the top of your head.  Now look at the position of the nipple in the mirror.  If it's still lower than you would like, and you want it in a higher position - then do the lift.  If the nipple position is satisfactory to you on both sides, then you can probably get by with just the implants, and see how it looks.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Borderline Lift Patients

+1

Any patient in which the plastic surgeon believes that a lift may not be necessary based upon experience with breast augmentation techniques may elect to have the breast augmentation first.  It is understood in this case that a breast lift may be necessary in the future.

Several options for breast augmentation and lift

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  Your best breast result will result from a combination of breast augmentation and lift.  A breast augmentation add volume and upper pole fullness.  A breast lift reshapes the breast tissue.  The procedures are designed to address different issues and one procedure should not be used to address the other.  You could certainly choose to get the breast augmentation first and then decide on a breast lift at a later date.  I personally prefer to combine breast augmentation and lift at the same time.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast lift Needed

+1

Your right breast is larger and has a lower nipple areola complex.  It is certainly reasonable to have the implants placed and do the lift as a secondary procedure it needed.  I believe that you will want the lift and should consider having it done with the augmentation.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Borderline Breast Lift

+1

Hello, and thank you for your question and photos.

It is difficult to see in photos, but I would agree that you are borderline needing a lift.  There are many techniques that could be employed here, but my recomendation would be for a subfascial or subglandular augmentation with a high profile if you are trying to avoid a lift and are ok with a larger size, vs. moderate plus profile with a periareolar lift. 

Best Wishes!

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants?

+1

An exam in person is key. Sometimes I can do a circumareola lift for women that do not need much of a nipple lift and when the breast is not significantly droopy. If not, then I move on to a vertical lift. The implant can certainly be placed first, and then a lift done later.

Breast Lift With Implants?

+1

Judging by your photos, a high-profile implant will likely give you the results you're looking for.  You have some very mild ptosis of the breasts but since it is so mild, breast implants should help without a lift.  Like you said, you can always go back in for a lift down the line if you're unhappy with the results of just a breast augmentation.  An in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast procedures is necessary to determine this for sure.

Norman M. Rowe, MD

You do not need to have lift now

+1

Your surgeon is correct. The only thing that I would change is the shape of the implant. I would suggest high profile silicone implant and you can do the lift later if needed.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Borderline saggy?

+1

The photos do show a mild to moderate saggy breast. You also have asymmetry. It would not be unreasonable to have breast implants for many patients with a similar condition. A lift could give you a better long-term result, however. The only way to answer the question for you is to seek out a consult with a board certified surgeon.

Aldo Guerra, MD