Can I Have BBL After Silicone Injections?

I had silicone injections twice 6 years ago. I'm now contemplating a brazilian butt lift. Does anyone know of a person getting fat grafts after silicone injections without having complications? What are the risks? Is it possible for my surgery to go well?

+1

The evaluatio always is necessary, however the risk of infections and necrosis is high, I do not recommend to do lipotransference after silicon injection

BBL after silicone injections

+1

Thanks for you question.  It depends on how much silicone was injected 6 years ago.  Silicone injections can cause tissue scarring and necrosis in the surrounding areas and can form silicone oil cysts that can be extremely messy during gluteal augmentation.  There is definitely a higher risk if you get a BBL or gluteal implants, but I would say fat transfers are still the safer bet. Good luck and take care.

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

+1

There will be a higher risk for infection and possibly fat necrosis, but this will depend upon the placement of the injections and the relative depth.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Much of the grafting result depends upon the techniques utilized and the postoperative care.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA