Am I a Good Candidate for Chin Implant or Sliding Genioplasty? (photo)

I don't like my profile, what is the best way to make my jaw look more defined? Would also like to get forehead reduction, could those two procedures be done at the same time?

Chin implant with simultaneous forehead reduction

+1

The short answer to your question is yes. You can undergo a chin implant procedure and reduction or contouring of your forehead. I would recommend a chin implant based upon your submitted photos but a genioplasty is also an option. If you have normal occlusion and your teeth meet properly, I would favor a chin implant. Good luck with your decision.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant candidate

+1

The chin implant placement is a minor procedure performed under local anesthesia whereby a small Silastic implant is inserted through a submental approach directly over the bone to give added chin projection. He a sliding genioplasty is usually performed in the hospital as an inpatient procedure. Please see the link below for examples of chin augmentation in our practice

Web reference: http://chincheekimplantsseattle.com

Improving chin profile

+1

Sliding genioplasty or chin implant could definitely be used to improve your profile.  They are both frequently performed procedures that can be done with minimal risk or complication.  Sliding genioplasty involves moving a portion of the chin bone forward and is usually done through an incision in the mouth.  A chin implant can be performed through the mouth or through an incision under the chin, which heals great. 

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon