Oriental Vs Occidental Breast Augmentation For Petite Person?

I am about 5'3", 103 pounds and petite. I wear a 32 A bra and the doctor suggested 250cc moderate profile implant for me. It seems that the vast majority of people who had BA had their augmented breasts placed very high up in the early stages after the procedure. I asked him if this was a concern and he said It should NOT be like this. He says Oriental vs Western has different techniques when it comes to BA. So I would like to ask, what is your opinion of this ? Thank you.

Is There a Special Technique for the Oriental Breast Augmentation?

+1

Breast augmentation techniques do not vary according to your ancestry.  They only vary according to the surgeon's skill.  With reference to your comment about implants starting out high, this usually refers to implants above the muscle, which I personally do not recommend.  Implants partially sub-pectoral look good on all women, no matter what their ethnicity.  Since the muscle pushes on the upper two-thirds of the implant and allows the lower one-third to bulge, it can give a very favorable tear-drop shape.  Depending on your chest measurements, I would consider using a high-profile implant since you can get more projection for the same volume, and have the breasts look more breast-like.  For the woman who wants a very conservative small breast, I sometimes recommend an intermediate or moderate-plus implant.  With reference to the substance that fills the implant, I find silicone implants give a much more natural appearance.  I haven't seen you or your pictures, but from your description, I kind of doubt that you have a full A cup; therefore, 250cc would only give you a small to medium B cup.  In Hawaii, most women, even conservative women, usually want a C cup.  The way to look at cup sizes is to realize that a cup of flour in the kitchen is 200cc; therefore, 200cc will take you up 1 cup size, and 400cc will take you up 2 cup sizes.  By the way, whether you're oriental or not, I think incisions in the armpit (transaxillary) are the best because they leave no visible scar.  Since Asian skin is slightly thicker than Caucasian skin, which at times leads to thicker scarring, it is best to hide the scar where no one looks.  

Please do not consider this a consultation since we have not met nor truly established a doctor-patient relationship, but hopefully, these hints I've given you will be useful in choosing the right surgery and the right surgeon.  

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation in petite women

+1

Nonsense. There is no special technique because you are asian. The differentiating factor is that you are petite not that you are asian. Petite women need implants whose base diameter is not too large for their chest. Choosing the wrong implant will give you a suboptimal result no matter who the surgeon is or which specific surgical technique they use.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Oriental breast aug.?

+1

I have no idea what your surgeon is referring to when he (she) differentiates Oriental vs. Occidental augmentation.  My practice has both Asian and Caucasian women who have had breast augmentation performed by me.  The pocket placement is the same, and usually below the muscle.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon