Orbital Decompression?

Hi I'm from Denmark, just diagnosed with moderate TED and graves' disease when I was 6 months pregnant. My hertel's measurements are 18 mm on each eye, but since I used to have small deep set eyes, I feel very disfigured. I'm unable to close my eyes and consider orbital decompression in the future. What should I expect? Is it possible to go back to were I was? I can't face the world at this point...so far it ruined my life completely and I feel desperate. Thank you for your time. Elisabeth

Orbital decompression?

+1

Eyelid surgery to improve appearance and reverse eyelid retraction is far less invasive than an orbital decompression.  I rarely do decompression for cosmesis in TED but I know that others do. I strongly suggest you see an oculoplastic surgeon. Check out the ASOPRS directory. I am sorry but I believe that to expect any procedure to make you look exactly as you did before is not realistic. Nonetheless, often great improvements can be accomplished with eyelid surgery.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon