Orbital Bone Fracture?

I got a orbital bone fracture 4 years ago and have still been getting surgeries. I had notice after my one surgery that my eyeball dropped and was way lower than my other one. My surgeon the went back into my eye to put a extra implant to try and push it up and its still way lower than the other one, but also you can see the implant poking from my lower eylid with pain. he then went back in to shave it . It still didn't make a difference and then tried to shave it again .can I make it normal again

Orbital bone fracture

+1

It sounds that you may have "hypoglobus" or the inferior decent of the eye after an orbital blow out fracture. Usually for this to occur, the original trauma would have had to been fairly severe. Orbital fractures can also cause "enophthalmos," which is the appearance of the eye sinking into the socket. The affected eye doesn't seem to stick out as far as the uninjured eye, causing the upper eyelid to appear more hollow. Both of these residual defomities are difficult to fix. The surgeon has to estimate the size of implant to fill the orbit with to get the eye to lift up or stick out more. This can be diffiuclt to judge in the operating room becuase of swelling generated by the surgical approach can make the eye look appropriate and fool the surgeon to undercompensate. Some physicians have written about injecting filler material (hydroxyapetite) into the orbit instead of a surgical implant. I don't have any personal experience with this. Best wishes.

Columbia Facial Plastic Surgeon