Orbital Blowout Fracture Maxillary, Do I Need Surgery? (photo)

- loss of vision. Now fully recovered save for some blurriness of objects near my eye and sensitivity to light. -No double vision at anytime, I can see any which way but still awaiting minor hemeraging to cease to see if retina is torn or not -Korean Doctor says i need surgery on orbital or eye will "sink" leading to deformity. (I teach here) -Feel good now, and eye shows no sign of sinking. -Read about ">50" of orbital floor blowout requires surgery Want to be sure surgery is best way to go

Orbital Floor Blowout

+1

Daniel, It appears that you will need reconstruction of the orbital floor, however an evaluation and consultation is recommended to fully determine the best course of action.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/about-us

Orbital Blowout Fracture Maxillary, Do I Need Surgery?

+1

Mistake not to obtain consults from PSs in your area/city. In my opinion you are risking future issue without surgical intervention. 

Eye fracture

+1

Dear J_C,

• Based on the CT scans, you are missing a significant portion of your orbital floor
  • Im not sure how long you are out from from your fracture, and if you are still swollen, that could explain why you do not have double vision
  • Long term, when the swelling goes down, the eye will likely sink lower leading to double vision
  • Reconstructing the orbital floor would help avoid this long term complication
  • In order to be sure, I would have to do a physical exam as well

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani