Is There Any Age Limit on Getting a Tummy Tuck/liposuction?

I just turned 65. I am in good health and have always wanted a tummy tuck and/or liposuction.

Any Age Limit on Getting a Tummy Tuck/Liposuction?

+1

Thank you for your question. Ones health and physical status is the most important element versus age.  Some are in poor health at 50, and not a good candidate. Others are at a young 65, active, healthy, and a good candidate. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

No Age Limit

+1

There is no age limit for tummy tuck and liposuction.  I have done patients older than 65 without complications.  You need routine clearance consisting of a chest x-ray, EKG, blood studies and urinalysis.  If everything was normal you could undergo surgery. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Age Limit to Having a Tummy Tuck/Liposuction?

+1

Your age alone is not a contraindication to having a tummy tuck and liposuction. Whether you are an appropriate candidate depends more on your general medical health, medications that you take, individual anatomy, a thorough understanding of the benefits as well as the potential problems that can occur with any procedure, and a realistic expectation.

I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person at the consultation. Before proceeding with a procedure of this magnitude, you should have a medical clearance from your primary physician and communication between the primary physician and the plastic surgeon about any specific issues that would need to be addressed.

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Is There Any Age Limit on Getting a Tummy Tuck/liposuct

+1

NO, not an absolute limit.  65 is perfect!  Enjoy life, find a surgeon who will take good care of you, producing a satisfactory result with least recovery.

Steve Laverson, MD

Age and tummy tuck/lipo

+1

More important than your age is your overall health status.  Your plastic surgeon will review your past medical and surgical history and your current medications and allergies to see if you are medically speaking a good candidate for elective surgery.  A physical exam will guide your PS to see if you are a good candidate anatomically.   Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Any limit since 18 to 70 y.o. always in excellent healthy standard

+1

yes might  be happplly performed  if you full fill the requiremets.

requirements1.-( overweight no more than 20 lbs in excess and no less than 12 lbs)  
2.- staying here no more than 15 days and no less than 8 days. could be  local and sedation anesthesie but the last word has it my anesthesist 3.-any tobacco,aspirin, vit.e garlic tab any herb since 15 days prior to surgery 4.-preop lab test ok./any cardiological problem, any asthma etc
prices everything included ( anesthesie,clinic,medicines inside the  clinic, elastic  garments,scrubers, wound care , tax. consultation etc $7,000 usd. 
DR NAVARRO CENTRO MEDICO DE LAS AMERICAS  MERIDA YUC MEX TEL 52-999-9273563 cell 52 9999900899 we have bilingual taxi to pick up to airport and comfortables low prices hotel near to my clinic very glad to say  hello to you  sincererly DR RAMON NAVARRO

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Age is not a contraindication to abdominoplasty.

+1

65 is not necessarily a contraindication to a major operations such as an abdominoplasty. Overall health must be assessed in the patient of any age. If patient is healthy the operation can be undertaken.

+1

A tummy tuck coupled with liposuction can be offered to healthy patients at 65 years of age.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tummy Tuck Expert in Toronto

+1

Hello;

As long as you have the proper indications for a tummy tuck and you are healthy without any predisposing condition that may affect your outcome from a surgical or anesthetic point of view then there should not be any concern with you undergoing the procedure.

Thank you

Ali Adibfar, MD, DDS

Is There Any Age Limit on Getting a Tummy Tuck/liposuction

+1

So long as your health is good, there isn't a reason not to go ahead with the consultation process. All the best.