I Am Really Excited I Have my Preop on March 18 What Should I Expect?

I am having a abdominiplasty, panniculecomy and breast reduction but not the same day I am so closed to my goal already lost almost 100 pounds after gastro by pass I weight 168 I am 5/5 and I have 5 beautiful kids

You should expect a dramatic improvement after post-weightloss surgery

+2

Congratulations on keeping the weight off!  You should expect a dramatic improvement. However, in my experience, there is a bit of "give back" to the skin after massive weight loss – meaning that your surgeon may make the skin quite tight, but it will tend to loosen up a bit after a few months.  Best of luck with your pre-op visit and your surgery!  Having a gastric bypass in your history means that you should be taking the vitamins your bariatric surgeon recommended, so just be sure to let your plastic surgeon know exactly what you are taking.

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Panniculectomy, Tummy Tuck, and Breast Reduction

+2

The tummy tuck would cover the panniculectomy.  The breast reduction can be performed at the same time as the tummy tuck, provided you are healthy and the surgeon can perform both procedures in under 4 or 4.5 hours.   Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Post Weight Loss Procedure Plan Not Clear

+2
Congratulations on your weight loss and upcoming surgery.  From your description, it is not clear exactly what your body contouring plan will entail.   An abdominoplasty and panniculectomy are different but somewhat redundant procedures.  The results are very differenct from an aesthetic standpoint.  It seems to me that you would benefit from another discussion with your surgeon to improve your understanding of what procedures will be performed and the expected outcomes.  This will make for more accurate expectations postop.  All the best.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Preop on March 18 What Should I Expect?

+2

Congratulations on past accomplishments, best of luck for future ones.

Expect:

• a physical examination
  • a chance to ask questions
  • a thorough review of the plan, the alternatives, and the risks, all of which enable you to give your informed consent for the procedures.

Write down any questions you have in preparation for the visit. Review any written info you may have been given at your consultation. No questions are stupid--only failure to ask may deserve that description.

Best wishes from a fellow parent of five.