Orange County/Los Angeles Liposculpture Doctor Recommendations

I'm looking for an expert plastic surgeon in Orange County or Los Angeles to perform liposculpture on my love handles and lower/upper abdomen.

How to Choose a Liposculpture Expert in Los Angeles

+2

The liposculpture doctor you choose should be someone with many years of experience and who does the procedure using the safest techniques and who you feel really comfortable with as well as someone who can answer all your questions to your satisfaction. The golden standard now is the tumescent technique under local anesthesia using the micro canulas. It is a little more expensive but it gives you the best results and is easy to go through and SO worth it.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Expert Plastic Surgeon In Orange County/Los Angeles

+1

Dear Sobham,

I will try to guide you with the least bias possible especially with ample years of experience, triple board certification and numerous awards / recognitions:

(ABPS (American Board of Plastic Surgery)

ABFPRS (American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery)

ABO (American Board of Otolaryngology)

Nonetheless,to choose the "best" plastic surgeon to perform your liposculpture is based on multiple elements:

1. Is the surgeon board certified?

2. What is the extent of experience that the surgeon has?

3. Does the surgeon micro-specialize in certain procedures?

4. Does the surgeon tailor his/her performance to better serve the patient (every patient is different and preserving natural looks is crucial).

5. Recognitions and awards do matter as well as reviews.

With that, I believe that at the end of the day only a face to face consultation with the surgeon of your choice could reveal what to anticipate and in which class they fall into.

I encourage you to seek consultation with several surgeons. Only then, you will be able to make an informed decision.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your question.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Orange County, Los Angeles, California and USA Liposuction Liposcultpture Surgeon Choice

+1

I think in essence your question is how do I find the best possible Liposuction Liposculpture surgeon to perform this procedure for you. I think the best way of answering this question is by telling you how I personally would pick a surgeon to do this procedure for myself. Admittedly my answer, as are all the answers to this question, is biased based on my many years of training and being triple board certified. As former tenured Professor of Plastic Surgery, but spending most of my career in private practice this is how I would select my surgeon for this cosmetic procedure among the many different specialties that profess expertise and perform this surgery. I am not saying that those surgical specialties are not capable, just how I would pick the best person for the job if I was you: 

First make sure that your liposuction doctor is board certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery, the only recognized Board Specialty for aesthetic (i.e. "plastic surgery" and "cosmetic surgery"). There are 23 boards that are recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties and the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery is NOT one of these. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons is launching a campaign to educate the public "Just because a doctor wears a white coat doesn't mean he is a plastic surgeon" . This statement is very appropriate in this "buyer beware" environment perspective patients have to negotiate to find someone well trained.

Here are some tips that I personally would use to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for a liposuction procedure:

• Verify Board Certification by American Board of Plastic Surgery (do this online)
• Member of American Society of Plastic Surgery (requirements beyond Board Certification)
• Member of American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (indicates extensive experience            in aesthetic surgery - see below link)
• Look at online review sites - like RealSelf, Health Grades,RateMDs, Google, etc
• Look at Before and After photos
• What is my instinct or "gut reaction" as to who I relate to better, answers my questions more fully   and who I basically trust the most.
• Finally ask yourself - if I was to have a complication, who would be the best to take care of me.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Liposuction Surgeon

+1

Thank you for your question.  You should visit some surgeons in your area and research who would give you the best result.  I recommend that you visit with board certified plastic surgeons who perform this procedure in a very safe setting.  Ask to see many before and after photos as well as speak with previous patients to  hear about their experience.  Best Wishes!

Turf War

+1

Do you notice the "turf war" here. You are best served carefully evaluating your prospective surgeons both online and in the office before you choose. Try to stay out of the fray.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Dr Jeffrey Klein is the developer of modern liposculpture and is a world renown expert practicing in California

+1

Dr Jeffrey Klein is the developer of modern liposculpture and is a world renown expert practicing in California. As liposculpture was developed by dermatologists one's best alternatives may be a board certified dermatologist.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Choosing a liposculpture surgeon

+1

When choosing a lack of sculpture surgeon, your best bet is to work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is a great deal of experience in liposuction, liposculpture, and fat grafting techniques. This type of surgeon will understand all aspects of contouring that you may benefit from. Also keep in mind that a significant factor in you achieving your best result is how well you take care of the treated area after surgery. In our practice, we have many patients that travel to Miami for their liposculpture. They stay in Miami 1 to 2 days after their surgery and fly back home wearing their garment at all times. We recommend our patients where their compression garments for 4 to 6 months to achieve their best results

Pat Pazmino, MD

Choosing a Liposuction Expert in Los Angeles

+1

It is often difficult to choose a liposuction expert. The following are simple guidelines to follow: Board certification and experience in the particular method of liposuction are key.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS