How good are the results of Laser Liposuction as compared to regular Liposuction? Is down time and cost about the same?

Liposuction Choices

It is tough deciding which liposuction doctor to choose.  Honestly, it is the physician not the technique that gives the results.  You want someone who understands your goals, has experience, and is conservative in his approach so you don't get complications. I use all techniques -- laser, ultrasound, power assisted, manual -- and get great results.  Again, it is how the procedure is performed. I am starting at Spalding Drive Plastic Surgery on 8/18 and will be solely focusing my practice on Liposuction with my partner David Amron.  Come in for a free consultation with me and we can discuss your goals and what we think would be best going forward.  The most important thing for you to know is that the physician is who you should be choosing, not the specific technique.  I tailor all my procedures to my patients to get the best results.  Good luck!  Dr. Emer.

What is laser liposuction

Laser liposuction is simply liposuction with the addition of a laser treatment.

Having performed over 2,000 laser liposuction treatments, I can say with confidence it is the operator, not the equipment.

Look for an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon with many years of experience and overall excellent online reviews.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

The results of liposuction are always dependent upon the surgeon not the machine or method.   Some surgeons will consistently generate smooth, dramatic results and others will not.

The laser helps melt or emulsify the fat it is not for skin tightening, it makes the procedure somewhat easier for the surgeon and perhaps the patient gets smoother results, prices are similar

Properly done laser liposuction can achieve equal results with standard liposuction.  The addition of the possibility of 25% skin tightening is an advantage over traditional non-laser liposuction.  Cost is usually more expensive because more cost is involved and purchasing the laser. For more information please read the following link:

Is LASER Liposuction good?

Laser liposuction like any other treatment is only as good as the surgeon and is good when it is used in the right patient.

Laser liposuction

any surgical technique (including liposuction) relies on good patient selection, surgeon experience, compliance with lifestyle (diet, exercise) advice.
Laser assisted liposuction, offers an advantage of skin tightening and should therefore be considered where this is desired.
The skin tightening abilities however have their limits and when you need a surgical technique, no amount of laser lipo will help.
hope this is useful
Dr Prashant

Prashant Murugkar, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Laser liposuction

The results with all the methods are pretty much the same. It really depends on the person doing it. The main disadvantage of laser lipo is the increased pain in healing phase and the real possibility of scarring which is VERY difficult to correct.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Laser liposuction have some benifit of good skin tightening

We prefer to use combination of two state of the art technologies for liposuction
1.Ultrasound assisted liposuction technique offer fat melting process through use of ultrasound, which result in fastest and smoothes recovery.
2.Laser Assisted liposuction offer smoother and tighter skin after liposuction.Its Cosmetic surgeons expertise and experience that give result, not the technique. Best Luck

Types of liposuction

As many have already answered it is the surgeon that will make the difference in you outcome and not the technique. It has been my experience that if I show photos of people who have undergone different techniques for liposuction that no one has been able to tell me what technique was used to achieve the result. It has not made a difference if I showed the photos to other patients, non-medical personnel or other physicians.

I typically use traditional suction assisted liposuction as it is a tried and true method with high patient satisfaction in our office.

David M. Kahn, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon