Should I gain 5 pounds for upcoming Brazilian Butt Lift? (photo)

Hi doctors, I have my upcoming surgery scheduled for august 18th, I'm concerned I don't have enough fat for the BBL. My doctor has advised me to gain at least 5 pounds. I am a huge health freak, eat clean, workout 6 days a week and I hate gaining fat, I love weight training and gaining muscle, I just can't picture myself stuffing my face and packing on pounds for this surgery? How can that be healthy . I am about 5 foot 7 weigh 148 and have 18-19% body fat. Let me know your thoughts , thanks!

BBL and gaining weight

+1
I do not usually recommend patients to gain weight. I would have to examine you in person to see what available donor sites you have, Best of luck.

Should I gain 5 pounds for upcoming Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1
   I usually do not recommend weight gain for the BBL, but I would have to examine you to make a determination about the appropriateness of the BBL.  On thinner patients, the exam is far more important, because a few hundred cc can make the difference between average and great results.   Find an expert in BBLs with great before and after pictures and reviews.

BBL candidate

+1
Thank you for your photos. It appears that you may be a good candidate for the BBL procedure. Of course, a physical exam is needed to make any recommendations.  Your plastic surgeon will need to assess your donor sites to see if you have enough excess fat to transfer.  The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS