How Soon Can I Get (Asian) Rhinoplasty After a Broken Nose (Concaved Bridge & Displaced Septum)?

6 days ago, my kid head butted my nose and broke the bridge and slightly displaced my septum to the left, The plastic surgeon in the ER used nerve blocker and reset my nose. The swelling is prominent but as of now my nose looks straight again. I've always considered rhinoplasty so considering the circumstance, when would be the safest time to get (Asian) rhinoplasty involving narrowing the base, slightly augmenting the bridge and adding a tip?

Wait 3-6 months for Asian rhinoplasty after trauma

+1

You fractured your nose and septum. You state you want your bones refractured as part of a cosmetic rhinoplasty. In such a case you should wait until the bones are fully healed in order to prevent an errant fracture during your rhinoplasty. In addition, early reentry puts you at risk for septal collapse and a resulting saddle nose (boxer's nose). There's no rush to undergo a cosmetic rhinoplasty now - the safest course would be to wait for full healing.

Timing of rhinoplasty after closed treatment for nasal fracture

+1

After closed reduction of nasal fracture, I would recommend waiting at least 3 month before considering a straight forward Asian rhinoplasty, and possbly longer if you need an osteotomy( controlled break of nose bone).

Eric I. Choe, MD, FACS

Asian Rhinoplasty Following Nasal Trauma

+1

I normally recommend waiting 8-12 weeks after an injury like this to consider possible rhinoplasty surgery. Make sure you are consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon before proceeding. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal fracture and rhinoplasty

+1

If you jsut fractured your nose, it is best to wait 6 months and sometimes longer for things to heal so that the rhinoplasty can be performed when swelling has dissipated and the nasal fracture has healed.

+1

I trained at LAC/USC Medical center where we encountered hundreds of traumatic nasal fractures.  The consensus is to wait between 4-6 weeks post trauma before undergoing a Rhinoplasty.  This allows the nasal tissues to heal adequately before the Rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty after fracture

+1

I would wait at least three months. This would allow for bony healing so the surgeon has a stable structure to work with. It would also allow for the swelling to resolve enough so you don't have to worry about over or under correction as much.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Appropriate time interval between nasal trauma and rhinoplasty

+1

You will heal fairly quickly after your closed reduction.  Waiting around 6 months would be preferrable, but you could consider as early as 3 months depending on how quickly your swelling resolves.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Asian Rhinoplasty after trauma

+1

If you have had trauma to the nose, it is important for you to have a thorough evaluation of not only the outside of your nose but also the inside of your nose.  If the septum is deviated because of the trauma, it will need to be corrected to ensure that you are able to breathe.  Generally speaking it is best to have this evaluated after 1 week after the trauma.  Please consult with a board certified specialist in Asian Rhinoplasty who can best assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD