How Many Syringes of a Filler Would I Need? For Lips, and Laugh Lines? (photo)

My lips are tiny and I really would like to have a fuller, more pouty appearance if possible. Also, I would really like to have the lines that I circled in the photo, to be done. I do not know what the term for these lines are (not the nasolabial folds) How many syringes would I approximately need? Would Juvederm or Restylane be better for these areas? Sorry the photo looks grainy. Also, what are these lines called that I circled? Thank you!!

Dermal Fillers for Lips and Laugh Lines

+2

The areas of concerns can be addressed using dermal fillers.  Selection of the filler depends on your goals and the length of desired results.  For the lips, usually juvederm or restylane is recommended.  For the nasolabial folds, restylane or perlane can give great results.  Please remember that the skill of the injector is most important when having fillers placed.  Knowledge of the facial anatomy is critical to avoiding potential complications.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/

How Much Filler is Needed for Facial Rejuvenation...Filler Up!

+2

Hi Korina,

The lines that you have circled are marionette lines.  The nasolabial fold runs from the corner of your nose to the corner of your lip.  I would treat you with one syringe of Juvederm Plus XC in your lips (for both your upper and lower lips).  After examining you I would decide between using Radiesse or Juvederm for your circled folds.  I do think that you would need any more than this, but you may not require the entire two syringes.  Some injectors feel that they must use all of the syringe, and if not needed then the patient ends up with the dreaded "puffy face".  Choose your injecting physician most carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Michael Persky, MD

Encino, CA

Facial fillers

+2

You appear to have circled the Marionette lines and the submalar sulcus.  Marionette lines can be filled in with either an HA product (Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, etc) or Radiesse.  The corrections you have outlined are deeper corrections and Radiesse is a good choice in that it lasts longer.  One syringe could do most.  The lips and the rest could be topped off with a syringe of HA.  It doesn't matter which one that you use to a large degree.  They all have strengths but there isn't that much difference.  Another option is fat injection with biologic modifiers.  When fat takes, the results can be permanent and it is you own tissue.

Web reference: http://www.facialinstitute.com

What to use for these lines and lips?

+2

I would probably use a syringe of Perlane for the lines and one of Restylane for the lips. It is possible that I would use less of both but could not tell without a better look at you. I doubt that I would use more than that.

Birmingham Dermatologist

How many syringes of filler for lips and laugh lines

+2

I will typically recommend Restylane to treat these areas which are called the marionette lines. I would use one syringe to treat the lips and one additional syringe to treat the marionette and cheek lines you have circled, making a total of two syringes. You can always get more later but two syringes should be plenty to accomplish what you are asking for. The video link below shows me injecting my wife’s lips with Restylane!

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/restylane/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

How much filler will I need

+2

I personally love Juvederm Ultra XC for the lips and in most patients use approximately 1 syringe for both lips.  Some patients need a bit more, some less.  The lines you circled are the marionette lines and simply cheek lines.  I would need to see you without smiling to determine what you would need, but in most cases 1 syringe of Juvederm Ultra XC or Ultra Plus XC would be adequate for someone like you.  Usually only lines that show when you are NOT making an expression can be fixed with a filler.

Web reference: http://www.ocdermatology.com/juvederm-restylane/

Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

How many syringes of filler would I need

+2

I personally prefer Restylane for the lips, as the filler is a bit thicker than Juvederm, so I like it better for the lips, as it gives a fuller appearance. It's important to follow the natural shape of your lips, meaning that more needs to be injected into the bottom lip than the top, so 2/3 into the bottom and 1/3 into the top. A good injector will follow your natural shape so that you don't end up with a "trout pout". The other areas that you circled could be filled with either Restylane or Juvederm. Because the photo lighting is a bit odd and the photo is taken at a sideways angle, it's hard to say if one syringe is enough to fill all of this (one for the lips, and one for the other areas), but a visit to a good, board-certified physician injector would be your best bet.

How Much Filler for me?

+2

Hi Korinna.  First let's talk about product.  If you are doing the lips, we would likely reach for Perlane or Restylane.  These products are also easily used in the laugh lines around the mouth.  The number of syringes would likely be 2 for around the mouth and one in the lips.  3 would be a good estimate for us and this is 3 CC's of product.  

We are also located in Orange, CA and offer free consultations.  Follow the link below to see our work and contact us for the free consultation.  Thanks.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/RestylaneInjectionsBeforeAfterPicturesPhotos.aspx

How Many Syringes of a Filler Would I Need? For Lips, and Laugh Lines?

+1

3 to 4 syringes of Juvederm would probably be sufficient for the lips and the paralabial lines.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Fillers for face

+1

Dear Korinna,

• It is tough to say exactly how many syringes you would need
  • In general, you would need 1cc for the lips, maybe 2-3 for the rest of the areas
  • You want to go to an experienced injector who will give you just enough for a great looking result, nothing more and nothing less
  • For these areas, I like to use Juvederm as it absorbs a little water and smoothes out nicely

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Web reference: http://www.eosplasticsurgery.com/Restylane-Juvederm.html