Is it possible after a rhinoplasty that was succesful to have the airway obstructed again?

My rhinoplasty I had done five years ago was great! Rally cleared things up. Now I noticed that one side seems blocked again. My GP told me to go back to the surgeon and ask him. As all he could do was prescribe nasal spray. ( that helped a little )

Nasal obstruction after nose surgery: prepare for your consult

+2
Dear villapark

• Fortunately, you had around 5 years of feeling good about your breathing, but now it has changed
    • make a list before going to your surgeon 
      • 1.  of the times that your breathing most bothers you, 
      • 2.  what you are doing when it happens, 
      • 3.  what things have changed between when you felt good and now 
        • new pillows, detergents, pets, medicines or have moved to a new house /are
    • having a clear description of the thing you would like to improve (like breathing better when you are jogging) will make the consult with a surgeon easier. 
    Best Wishes 

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Obstruction

+2
the simple answer is YES it can occur and there are multiple possible reasons but a full examination is really neede to say what exactly is going on

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Is it possible after a rhinoplasty that was succesful to have the airway obstructed again

+2
This is possible due to a variety of reasons. Best is to have it checked and evaluated by your surgeon if he is still available. Surgical causes need to be excluded and dealt with accordingly. 

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS

Airway obstruction years after rhinoplasty

+1
Dear Villapark, I would suggest seeing your surgeon for an examination to determine the cause of the current obstruction. If you just had a rhinoplasty and your septum and/or turbinates were not addressed then this may be causing some obstruction,  or allergies,  as well as many other possibilities that may only be diagnosed with a direct examination. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Can't breath after rhinoplasty

+1
Sure – recurrent nasal airway obstruction could occur, and has apparently in your case. Physical examination required make the diagnosis and determine appropriate treatment. Good luck!

Neal Handel, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon