Could an Oral Surgeon Remove Extra Tissue on the Inside of my Lip?

It has been there my whole life. It is just a little bump. It makes me look like I havve a "fat lip". When I smile my upper lip covers my teeth partially because of it. I thought they might be able since its inside my mouth. Thanks.

Lip bump

+1

While there are a number of things that can cause this lip problem, it is certainly treatable.  Accessory salivary gland tissue can be excised.  Vascular lesions, like hemangiomas, can be lasered.  An oral surgeon should certainly be able to advise you on this.

+1

Of course, he/she is an oral surgeon after all.  Seems logical to me as long as you feel comfortable having it done by the oral surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com